About Inspire My Artist
As a self-trained artist and as a mother I recognize the many benefits of including art in a homeschool curriculum and I want to use my skills and abilities to benefit teens in the homeschooling community.
Some of the benefits of art for teens:
- Art gives teens an added incentive to complete core subjects quickly by giving them something to look forward to. It makes less exciting subjects more tolerable.
- Art offers teens a creative outlet to express and process all their thoughts and emotions in a tremulous period of their lives. It gives them permission to share their inner thoughts and feelings with others.
- Arts have even been shown to increase the overall lifetime achievement of teens. Increases were shown in academic achievement, career goals and achievement, and civic participation.*
What you'll find on Inspire My Artist:
On my site, you will find helpful free art tutorials, printouts, and challenges to help homeschool moms give the gift of art to their teens.
Most of my content will be free, because, no matter what your budget, art is important to your kids. I will be sending quality free material to my email list throughout the year.
Sign up to receive quality free art tutorials, printouts, and challenges.
Online High School Art Curriculum: Inspire My Artist 1.0
In addition to my free material, I have developed a high school level fine arts curriculum designed to fully meet the needs of homeschool families.
My art curriculum is offered as a two part progressive online course that uses a unique teaching style that I refer to as teach and challenge.
Teach refers to the progressive teaching of techniques and principles in small absorb-able chunks.
Challenge refers to the art projects that allow students to demonstrate their mastery of the techniques and principles while allowing full exercise of their creativity.
My curriculum includes:
- Progressive lessons that teach the essential techniques and principles through the use of videos, text, and simple exercises.
- Exciting art-challenge projects that allow students to stretch their creative muscles while practicing important techniques.
- Explore multiple mediums and subjects including drawing with pencils, charcoal, pastel and pencil crayons, painting with watercolors and acrylics, mixed media, sculpture, and printmaking.
- The ability to create a unique portfolio of art projects that are more than a copy of the teacher's and that show off their own inner artist.
- An exclusive community that every student is a part of where they can share photos of their completed projects. In this community, they will give and receive encouragement and feedback.
- Art history research projects throughout the course allowing students to fully interact with artists and artworks throughout history.
- A community-based marking system that allows every student to receive grades for each project and end the year with a course grade.
- The option of contact and feedback directly from the teacer.
The beta version of Inspire My Artist 1.0 was released fall 2016, Inspire My Artist 2.0 is currently under development with the expectation of being completed by fall 2017.
To be the first to hear when registration opens up please sign up for my newsletter.